Sunday, October 11, 2009

Here comes Halloween!



I don't have much time these days to write nice posts, but thought I'd at least share some pics of some of what's keeping me busy!

As you may have guessed, I'm making my baby girl's first halloween costume; the Bride of Frankenstein. Here, you see my concept sketch, and my usage of my compost canister as a mannequin (it's the closest thing I have to her head circumference). I've had to buy a few things, it was supposed to be an easy peasy 1 2 3-sy kind of project, which I think it basically will be, but I've had to purchase a few more items than I originally thought. Isn't that always the way?
Dicey was very cooperative for her first fitting! Here, the hat is just basted together. It's made out of fleece. I plan on putting some lightweight plastic boning in the hat to help it keep its shape and adding ric rac chin straps to mimic the stitch lines on her throat. I couldn't find the skinny ric rac, so I bought the regular width, but am not sure I will be happy with it. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. that side shot of her looks awesome! I know the finished product will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may have some skinny black rick rack in my stash....i'll look for it today and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHe looks very patient....can't wait to see the whole costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she is too cute in that hat. I really can't wait to see the total costume. She is definitely going to win the prize for most creative mommy!

    ReplyDelete