Thursday, October 29, 2009

blurred vision

I have had a headache almost all day. I took Tylenol (won't take anything stronger, still a nursing mom!). It started when I was at the computer, so I shouldn't be doing this right now. I went to go get a bowl of cereal and a glass of water because I thought that would fix it. When I got back to the computer, I was having trouble with my vision. I thought it was just the computer screen, but I was in the middle of a task I really wanted to get done, so I pushed forward. It didn't get any worse, but it didn't get any better. I kept blinking and trying different things, but it was like there was a smear on one of the lenses of my glasses that (within itself) was wavering around.

My husband came home for lunch and brought me another snack and a coke; I thought the caffeine would help. I didn't really notice the vision issue for awhile, but the headache was still there.

The vision problem came back later on after my daughter woke up from her nap, it was getting pretty bad, so I walked over to my sister's house to distract myself from focusing on the issue. It went away again, but I still have a headache. I had something similar in high school once with a really bad migraine. It was the same eye and kind of the same spot, but farther into my peripheral vision and just a fuzzy round spot, not a arc of wavy vision. This time I wouldn't go so far as to say my headache was as bad as a migraine. I've had those enough to know the difference. Well, guess if there's blurred vision, it's likely a migraine, but just not as bad pain wise? Not entirely sure. Should I be worried or is this sometimes just a fluke? Haven't had headache/migraine issues for a while, and even when I did it wasn't that bad or something I couldn't usually deal with by eating something and going to sleep or putting ice on my neck.

Off to take a shower and try ice on my neck.

3 comments:

  1. i wouldn't worry unless it continues day after day. i get things like this when i'm stressed, even without a headache. sometimes my ears pop and i can't hear anything, sometimes my vision goes wonky. it used to happen alot more often when i worked at st@rbucks and nobody would belive me that i truly couldn't see or hear correctly. maybe try something w/out the caffiene like herbal tea to sort of calm your nerves (even tho caffiene is supposed to be good for headaches). hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this clears up soon- your little slideshow of pumpkin pictures is really cute on here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not worry it's stress. You will be fine. :) Wish you a relaxed day :) I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete